[ROM] GenericGinger 2.0 for Sidekick 4G (T-Mobile) {Updated 12/09/11}
  • john_2k2john_2k2 October 2011

So I'm back, not with the Cliq. This is a Android 2.2 Themed ROM which has been Un-Touchwized so all samsung Widgets and Bloatware is gone and includes alot of Tweaks.

(Stock 1 Ghz Clock speed for Quadrant)

Version 1.0 

*Based of Samsung Firmware T839UVKD1
    *Full Gingerbread Theme
    *Everything Deodexed, Zipaligned, Optimized
    *Bali 2.2 Voodoo Kernel w/ 1.3 Ghz Overclock (Download Tegrak Overclock of Market)
    *Voodoo Sound App Included
    *Wireless Tethering and USB tether (Under Wireless And Networks Settings)
    *Stock AOSP Messaging,Music(With Lockscreen controls),Calculator,Clock And Alarm,News and Weather,
    Voice Dialer, In Call Menu,Ringtones And Notification sounds
    *Gingerbread Keyboard
    *Stock Android Animations
    *DeBloated and "DeTouchwized" (No Samsung Widgets and Bloatware by Samsung)
    *Two Launchers: GingerBread And Twlauncher 3.0
    *Spare Parts
    *Extended Power Menu ( Recovery,Reboot,Download Mode)
    *LG Memo And Widget
    *420+ MB Free App space
    *Tweaked Performance in Build.Prop and all around the system including Framework-res.apk

Version 1.1
    (Test ROM i used to try several things out not uploading this)

Version 1.2
    *Removed Theme Changer and all themes
    *Removed TW3.0 Launcher 
    *Added Car Dock App
    *Replaced Gingerbread launcher with G2x launcher 
    *Added Nexus S Microbes Livewallpaper

Version 1.5
    *Revamped Notification look with transparent background
    *Remove G2x Launcher with a *7* Page Gingerbread Launcher
    *Added Stock Keyboard Animation
    *Swapped out AOSP Clock and Calculator for samsung one, (has alarm timer and much more) 
    *Latest Maps and Market and Gmail
    *Gingerbread and Honeycomb Binaries added for smoother and better touch response

Version 2.0
    *Based on the New KJ2 OTA update (Shit load of bug fixes)
    *2 New Lockscreens! (Setting>Display>Unlock Screen)
    *New Scripts ! (better performance and smoothness)
    *Changed messaging app
    *went back to old launcher cause 7 page one lags
    *ICS Roboto font 

Credits for the aosp locks and puzzle lock go to sduvick
    Used theme parts from ayoteddy and rev

• hwjrmrmhwjrmrm October 2011

beautiful~

• hwjrmrmhwjrmrm October 2011

A pity not for cliq~

• PesTiciDePesTiciDe October 2011

Gonna try this rom out! I will let you know If anythings @John_2k2

• PesTiciDePesTiciDe October 2011

@John_2k2 I'm done installing this rom. It just went easy, smooth and great. I'm loving this rom a lot already! loving the theme and features. Thanks for getting rid of bloatwares crap from stock! You the man @John_2k2
    \m/    BTW This rom looked like Nexus S 4g. lmao

@PesTiciDe I'm Really glad you love the ROM its really fast and fantastic battery life too will be updating soon :)

• AcexDestroyerAcexDestroyer October 2011

WOW Its great to see the same guys that used to make Cliq ROM's I used now making Sidekick 4G ROM's that I shall now use! Bought a sidekick for $180 on ebay :)

Great! trust me this phone is very smooth and has great battery life far exceeds the Cliq :D

• AcexDestroyerAcexDestroyer November 2011

So I've been using this ROM since my last comment and I've got to hand it to ya, its the best I've seen a Sidekick 4G operate. Battery life is outstanding, minimal freezes/glitches (FAR BETTER THAN STOCK) and much cleaner. 

Thank you sir!

• john_2k2john_2k2 November 2011

Great to hear it! uploading version 1.2 now :D

• PesTiciDePesTiciDe November 2011

@John_2k2

Loving the new version 1.2. I feel like this new
    version 1.2 is more super fast than the first. Thanks a lot for removed
    those 2 stuffs otherwise loving the speed, nexus s microbes
    livewallpaper and launcher. THANK YOU! :-D

• xXN3SQU1CKXxxXN3SQU1CKXx November 2011

Hey im new to this and i rooted my Sidekick 4G already and copied the Ginger 1.2 zip to my SD card...am i missing anything? It would be a great help Thanks

@PesTiciDe you welcome :)

@xXN3SQU1CKXx Just download "ROM Manager" from the android market and open and select "Flash clockworkmod recovery" if it asks for super user permission just select allow and then it should be done then shut down your device and then press and hold your Vol + and - and power. the moment your display turns on let go off the power button and continue to hole the vol keys. 

in recovery (if properly flashed) selected "wipe data" and after select "flash zip from sd card and select GG 1.2 and it should begin flashing and then reboot and watch the magic ;)

I recommend looking into updating this ROM to be built on the newer KJ2 build. Reference: http://tinyurl.com/735u874

tried it myself, not updating. its a unofficial build and  i noticed ALOT of bugs and Crashes

Good to know, I've been using that leaked stock build for awhile, its not bad for me. A lot better than the older KD1/KG2 builds in my experience but there's still some gripes about it. Probably making a switch soon lol. I love everything about the sidekicks UI except the dock.. (I guess because I had a sidekick for 3 years prior to android and enjoy the innovations)

thats nice. um i might just upload a optional KJ2 build version and I'm About to upload my Imitation ICS ROM based on KJ2 and its working wonderfully feel free to chat with me on Gtalk @ JohnPrentice95@Gmail.com and if you could help me test before release ;)

@john_2k2 I don't mind help and test your ICS Rom for you and I can give you any feedbacks. :-)

add me on Gtalk and we will talk :)

Ok no problem :-)

Ok no problem :-)

go back to Gtalk :)

Uploading uploading uploading .......

• cmzeungescmzeunges November 2011

This rom is nice! Very good work!

Nice to hear :)

• john_2k2john_2k2 December 2011

Updated :D

• AcexDestroyerAcexDestroyer December 2011

I'm backkkkkkk. Running 2.0 as of 3am this morning. So far so good. Question though, Do you have a copy of the task killer normally pre-installed on the Sidekick? I used it a lot and was sad to see it missing from this release

• PesTiciDePesTiciDe December 2011

Whoa! I got to try this new version!

• PesTiciDePesTiciDe December 2011

I got it and loving the new features on v2.0. My only two questions are, what happen to Nexus S Microbes Live wallpaper and the option to enable/disable  that tap to update your status to Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace on the status bar?

• cmzeungescmzeunges December 2011

flashing now, thanks man!

Hey are you new here?!

Welcome to the best Ad-Free Android Community around! Create your profile, and start posting now! New features are being added all the time!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Sign In! Sign Up!

Categories

In this Discussion

Tagged